Monday, December 5, 2011

Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats


Want a good, chocolatey, festive treat? Even better, do you need one that is quick, easy, and the kids can help? I have just the one! I had a craving for Rice Krispie treats and hot chocolate the other night. I enjoy making up my own recipes. (See where this is going?) I decided to combine my two cravings and it came out delicious!

Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

¼ cup butter
3 cups Cocoa Krispies
3 cups Original Rice Krispies
4 T hot chocolate mix
1 bag (10.5 oz) mini marshmallows
Sprinkles (optional)

Spray a pan with cooking spray. I used a 9x13 Pyrex pan. Set aside.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.

When butter is melted, add your bag of mini marshmallows and then hot chocolate mix. I suggest adding chocolate mix in about one tablespoon at a time so you can decide just how much you want. I chose to use 4 T, but you may think that’s too much or not enough! Just remember Cocoa Krispies will add to the chocolatey goodness! Make sure you stir the marshmallows while they melt!

After the marshmallows are melted and the hot chocolate mix is thoroughly combined, mix in your Cocoa Krispies and Rice Krispies.

Pour and press into your sprayed pan.

Let cool for just a few minutes then pour on some holiday sprinkles! You don’t have to do this, but they look great with the red, green and white jimmies I used!

Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!! I love rice krispies!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness - I would never have thought of adding sprinkles! the red and green make them especially festive!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

sstone said...

Ooh, these look so good. Cocoa puffs are my favorite.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Very creative! I love this idea. I host a linky party, Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, and would love for you to join sometime! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...