Do any of you like to pull some fun pranks on April Fools Day? I'll admit I'm hit or miss when it comes to this holiday, but I remember fondly the years when my mom would pull tricks on us. One in particular that always comes to mind is that when I walked home for lunch that day as a small kid, she had wrapped our sandwiches so stealthily in saran wrap that we didn't notice until we bit into them. It was so simple, but that's what makes things so memorable. I still feel the ultimate April Fools trick I've ever experienced was when I went into labor early on April Fools Day with my first child and she didn't decide to grace us with her presence until early the next morning!
Anyway, as I've been reading all my blogs in the blog-o-sphere, I've realized there are people out there who are out of this world CREATIVE! Here's a few food pranks that caught my eye for their cleverness / grossness / trickiness.
Desserts That Look like Dinner:
This looks like it's a grilled cheese sandwich but apparently is really pound cake with orange tinted frosting. (idea & picture from here)
Looks like mashed potatoes and gravy but is really vanilla ice cream with carmel sauce.
(idea and picture from here)
Use green & orange tootsie rolls and roll into balls/cubes to look like peas and carrots.
Take pound cake and cut it up into nugget shaped bites and then roll in frosting and dip it in toasted coconut and crushed corn flakes.
Looks like a yummy dinner but is really all desserts!
(Idea from here)
Dinners that Look like Desserts:
A meatloaf cupcake
A Pasta Pie (idea from here)
Or if you just want to pull off fun, simple pranks throughout the days take a look at these ideas:
* Remove the plastic bags from two cereal boxes and switch them around to surprise your morning cereal eaters!
* Turn the milk another color with food coloring the night before
* Short sheet all the beds in your house while everyone is gone.
* Freeze plastic bugs in your ice cubes (from here)
* Reset all the clocks in your house 2 hours ahead so that others panic when they wake up.
* Put a rubber band around the push button of a spray nozzle so that when someone goes to use it, they get sprayed
* Leave the wrapper on a piece of cheese and make a sandwich with it.
* Poke holes in a straw and then give it to someone with a drink.
* Put a note on your victim's car that says "Sorry about the dent. Call me so we can swap insurance information." Include a fake name and phone number. Be sure to hide nearby so you can watch them search in vain for the "dent."
* Ask a pregnant woman to take a pregnancy test for you, then bring it home and leave the stick in the bathroom for your husband to find. Make sure he doesn't have a weak heart!
And I'll just end with this super gross looking, but yummy dessert called Kitty Litter Dessert
(squished and molded brownie pieces sitting in chopped nuts)
Tell me you don't want to see that sitting on your dinner table Sunday evening!
If you have any creative or fun April Fools ideas/pranks please share them. I'd love to get more ideas!